Wish you could apologize to the British for the insults to their Prime Minister and his wife?

What am I talking about? Here are two links:

an article ... http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,507430,00.html

a video ... http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=3791110&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/glennbeck/index.html

waldorfmom

Asked by waldorfmom at 7:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was so pleased to learn that there IS a way to show that the Obamas and their staff do NOT represent MY attitude:

If you think the presidential gift swap deserves an apology, send your letters to:

British Embassy
    3100 Massachusetts Ave., NW
    Washington, DC 20008

Or post an apology on the British Embassy's Facebook wall ... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Washington-DC/British-Embassy-Washington-DC/23022680247
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Have seen this and passed it on to others.
    Anonymous

• Will do. The man is an idiot which may be scarier than a socialist!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Im not surprised at all that i havent seen this on mainstream media. This is unexcuseable!! And they called Bush an Idiot!!!!!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• No.

There is nothing more important going on in your life then worry about British people. I personally worry more about our soldiers in Afghanistan then what and why somebody thinks about us.

Are they going to give U.S apology of making fun of our First lady? You should read some real new source from England not only post things what Fox News will show you.

Anonymous

• Are they going to give U.S apology of making fun of our First lady?

No and she doesn't deserve an apology. She did not behave in the manner the first Lady should.

I went to the face book page, and there are huge amounts of apologies. I'm going to stick to mailing a card.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• UMM, Anon 734 They weren't making fun of the First Lady, they called her Lady Macbeth. If you know anything about shakespeare, you would get the comparison. Lady Macbeth was a conniving, ungrateful, woman who convinced her husband to kill the King so they could take the thrown. And I'm assuming that your one of those die-hard Obama fans who thinks he can do no wrong! And obviously you know nothing about the war in Afghanistan because if you did you would know that the British are helping us, giving up there lives to help spare some of our soldiers- and yet you say we shouldn't care what they think of us??? Its obvious you have the same attitude towards foreign policy as the Obama admins does!!!
    Anonymous

• I'm apologizing both on facebook and in a letter. I think it's absolutely absurd and ridiculous that our PRESIDENT has done such an idiotic thing. He may has well have wiped his ass in their faces. What a jerk.

As for those of you who are more worried about our troops -- I am too. Especially now that we're losing a fantastic ally. It's not just about what some person thinks about America... it's about what America's FRIEND thinks about America. Now, we're definitely f*cked. Thank you, Mr. President.
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Fox News is just the only US news media mentioning it - it has been a big deal in UK newspapers, etc. ... On the British face book page, the embassy is being very gracious (and diplomatic ! - they are professionals with class, unlike our amateurish American behavior).

And, indeed, I do worry about our soldiers in Afghanistan - my son is a Marine. Who do you think is fighting alongside our boys over there, who is taking bullets and watching their backs?? British soldiers.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Exactly, waldorf. 9,000 British troops are over there, too. HELPING us. The LAST thing we need to do is piss them off. THANKS AGAIN, OBAMA!! What an idiot. AAAHHHH!!!!
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009