With a larger percentage of people not vaccinating their kids?

With a larger percentage of people not vaccinating their kids, do you know anyone or have you heard of anyone non-vaccinated that still has autism?

I'm assuming there aren't a huge number of people since it's the norm for Americans to get vaccinated. I wondered with the non-vaxer's increasing if there's been any cases?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Health

• Yes, kids without vax can have autism
    Anonymous

• Yes, non-vaccinated kids have autism, too.
    Anonymous

• They analyzed samples taken from 38 children with bowel disorders, 25 of whom also had autism. The investigators found only one child in each group had trace amounts of the measles virus in their samples
    Anonymous

• 3rd anon....so what's that conclude exactly?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• There was a LONG discussion about this and it caused arguments and it didn't solve a thing. The jury is out....nobody knows. But if kids are not getting their immunizations (better known here as VAX...LOL) they will be getting the old diseases again and start epidemics. that's MY thought.
    Anonymous

• Only one out of that group of 38 kids was immunized and had autism
    Anonymous

• One study run in Japan pointed to a population of 300,000 that stopped vaccinating with MMR, and the number of autism cases went up, not down. Opponents of vaccination still point to Amish communities and state they have never vaccinated and have no autism. If autism is a gene related disease, however, it may not be prevalent in the genetically isolated Amish communities, which are legendary for rare genetic diseases due to a tight gene pool and repeated inbreeding.
    Anonymous

• The Amish community does not welcome outsiders and if something is wrong with one of their members they tend to hide it...from others in their community as well as the general public or "outsiders". They cannot be reliably used as an example in the scenario and the sooner the "non-vaxers" who keep coming up with this crap realize that, the better.

Anonymous

• this is an interesting thought!Personally even if vaccines did cause autism (which my pediatrician has assured me they dont with studies to back it up) I would take a challenging illness over the possibility of losing my child to a disease that could have been easily prevented and my pediatrician has shared her frustration when treating or even laying to rest a child with a disease that could have been prevented with a simple vaccine
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I 2nd that,but stretch them out maybe?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:10 AM on Mar. 11, 2009