no patience........

my two year old is about to drive me crazy. he has been throwing fits all afternoon. screaming, kicking his feet, stomping-over nothing. i am losing my patience. i send him to his room every time he throws a fit to give us both some cool down time and it seems like once hes cooled down and out of his room, then he's in the living room 10 minutes before he throws another fit and goes back to his room. i dont know what to do now-any tips?? anything but bashing will be appreciated. thanks

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• take a bath...relax yourself, maybe get him to sleep he could just be tired
    december911

Answer by december911 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• lol sthompson you know there will be bashing lol let him throw his fit and ignore him then he will stop
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Have you tried just leaving the room yourself? Rather than sending him out. Sometimes that's what I have to do with my 2yo dd. That or continue on with what you're doing and ignore his acting out. It can be hard, so I tell myself, I don't want to yell and get mad, so ignore it, she's not hurt and nothing is getting broken, let her throw her fit. Good luck, I know it's very trying
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 7:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Try standing him in a corner and let him throw his fit there. He can come out when he's done. (standing makes them tired quicker so the time doesn't USUALLY last as long)

Sending him to his room...his bed is in there, and if it's like our boys rooms..there's also books and toys. Not much of a deterrent to throwing a fit..being sent to his room where he can play? (just my thoughts...)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I used this trick on my kids a couple times... when he asks for anything food, drink, tv, a bath, throw yourself on the floor and make a huge stink and stomp your feet and wave your hand and whine and make a huge stink, then go to your room and relax or laugh, then explain to him mommy looks silly when she gets mad and you look silly when you get mad, so no more be mean.
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 7:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• how about a structured activity you guys can enjoy tegother? Finger painting, play dough, a craft project maybe. Children often act out when they are bored but he might just REALLY Need a nap or not being feeling quite up to par
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Sometimes its just a cranky kind of day. And sometimes it just takes a lot of breaks to get through the day...doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. Just sounds like one of those days. Hang in there.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009