Silly Question..

I'm 2 days shy of 39 weeks.. i'm almost 4 cm.. and have no appetite what so ever..

i've had contractions on and off all day today..

so.. my question is.. Is this a good thing? Has anyone else NOT wanted to eat just before labor begun?

I'm so ready to get this baby out and if its a sign of labor starting i'm going to be extremely happy haha..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know about the appetite thing, I was always hungry! But at 4cm and having contractions on and off, that's a good sign of labor starting. Good luck!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 7:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I did not want to eat at all when I started labor, but I made myself and then I threw up during the transition from 7 to 8cm. So don't make yourself eat if you aren't hungry!! lol

Start timing your contractions. And write it down. It will help the doctor when it is finally time to go in, because they can see the progression of your labor from the start.
    Sounds like its starting, if/when you lose your mucus plug, I would give your doctor a call. If you don't lose it, then go in when your contractions are 5 mins apart.

Good Luck! Go double check your bags and make sure you have everything you need :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• when early labor started fro me (i went from being a 2 for 5 days to a 6 and wow did that hurt!) it was almost as if my body was shiutting down. I was so tired all the time and it was the first time I had slept easily in months. I too had no appetite it was almost like I went comatose till the day labor hit full swing and then holy cow I was awake... but still not hungry, HOWEVER, you will need to keep up your strength so try to eat little buts here and there crackers broth soup the kinds of things you would eat if you were sick it will help you keep up your strength but you'll be less likely to throw up when you do go into labor
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2009