2nd Birthday Party Expereiances.

My son's 2nd birthday is coming up soon. I'd love to hear from any of you ladies that have had or been to a 2 year olds birthday party.
What was the best or worst part? What did you plan for that was totally unnessisary, or an absolute nessesity?

SanityLost

Asked by SanityLost at 7:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I gave a 2yr b-day party in Oct. I kept it very simple. Mostly family with some friends/kids. It was Elmo themed. I got a few Elmo decorations and made my own Elmo cake. Then I just rented a "jumper" (bounce house) that was also Elmo themed and served a buffet style lunch so I wouldn't have to cook or spend a lot on food. (FYI A nacho buffet...kept the cheese and meat warm in a crock pot and let everyone build thier own) I did also do small goody bags which the kids really enjoyed! I put in little things like "party pack" play-dohs, a mini-plastic slinkie, and I had stickers that were eyes,ears,hats,noses, etc for the kids to put on the party balloons (they got a fun treat and I didn't have to clean up the balloons!) The kids completely wore themselves out in the jumper and I had minimal food/decoration clean up!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My daughter's 2nd birthday was just last week. We just did something simple with the family [Mommy, Daddy, Grandparents, uncles]. It had snowed a lot so daddy and her uncles took her out to play in the snow, which she loved! We got some great vids. We made her favorite dinner [pasta], then I had them distract her downstairs while Gma and I set up a little girlie themed party upstairs. She had lots of decorations, balloons, music, and a cake with her favorite characters. She had cake all over the place, so I gave her a bath, and then she came out and opened presents. She played with her new stuff for a little while, said good night to everyone, then went to bed. She had SUCH a fun day, we all did, and it all cost a grand total of $50 :D
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My dds 2nd b-day was at our citys memorial building in a huge gym it was a blast we had a bounce house let the kids run around and play shot some basketballs and just be kids had a concession area where food was served and had about 13 tables set up for ppl and presents and still had plenty of room for the kids to play I'll be having her party there from now on and when shes a teen i still can cause thats where the high school has its after party so she can have a dance party and it also has a stage so they can sing and have a good fun safe time.
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 7:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2009