omg i'm get in married may 16th how do i get over not looking good enough for this big day i feel fat & old don't even want 2 put on that dress

higgins2

Asked by higgins2 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I FELT THE SAME WAY WHEN I WAS GETTING MARRIED MY SON WAS 9 MONTHS OLD AND I WAS NO WHERE NEAR HOW I WANTED TO LOOK, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST RELAXED AND ENJOYED EVERYTHING ABOUT THE DAY FROM HAVING MY HAIR AND MAKEUP DONE TO GETTING DRESSED UP. AND IT MUST HAVE WORKED B/C EVERYONE STILL(8YEARS LATER) SAYS HOW RADIENT I LOOKED. EVEN WHEN I LOOK BACK AT THE PICS FROM THAT DAY I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW HUGE MY SMILE WAS. I DON'T EVEN THINK OF HOW THIN I COULD HAVE LOOKED. INNER CONFIDENCE WILL SHINE THROUGH, SO BE CONFIDENT AND YOU'LL LOOK FANTASTIC!!! JUST RELAX AND THINK OF ALL THAT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH TO LEAD UP TO THIS DAY AND HAVE FUN!!! GOOD LUCK!
    etripoli

Answer by etripoli at 7:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I wore jeans to my last wedding. I'm guessing that's not an option for you. A bride radiates so I'm sure they will see the happiness on your face for the event and you will feel better feeling all that love.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Your df is marrying you because of YOU. Keep that in mind, and you'll be fine.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i think we all fear we won't look good enough. i know i did and i sometimes look at my pics and she feel i could of looked better but most would disagree with me. i think you should just pamper yourself to help you feel pretty. like get your nails done. your hair done and make up professionally. whats nice about wedding dresses is that they hide lots of flaws. some people have pair shapes and you don't see that with long full dresses. i also thought of getting a body shaper but i couldn't find one that fit right. meaning my breast were to small. we all have some parts that suck about us. good luck
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• too much emphasis is put on the appearance of the wedding. Be happy and confident that you are more ready for the marriage than the wedding. Your beautiful no matter what. You could walk down the aisle in a paper bag and your so would still find you stunning and thats whats important BESIDES I have never met anyone who didnt look amazing in a bridal gown
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I just looked at your profile. If you're fat then Nicole Kidman is grossly obese.

I had a friend who got married at 41. She said she was only going to do it once, so it was worth waiting for.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009