What kind of shampoo do you use with your kids?

I use adult shampoo and my dd just developed a UTI and my son is irritated and red down there. I am wondering if that is why.

It could be a new fabric softener I am using too. I will have to stop using both to find out if I am right.

What do you use? how old are your kids. mine are 5 and 3.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• i still use baby shampoo with my son. hes 2.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• do you let them take bubble baths? when i was little i would get infections alot until we figured out that i couldnt take bubble baths.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Nope, no bubble baths I knew those were bad. Now i am wondering if this shampoo is kinda doing the same thing.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is almost 2 and i've started her on the suave kids. It works really good. My nieces who have lots and lots of curly hair use the same but they have to use a detangler with it.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 7:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My daughter is 3. We use Jason For Kids shampoo. It is natural and smells great.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I use aveno body wash one my little man and sauve for kids shampoo
    ilovemyjo2

Answer by ilovemyjo2 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I use Suave shampoo for kids. My niece gets a UTI everytime she takes a bubble bath. So the shampoo could be doing it. I would look for something gentle for kids.
    funmom09

Answer by funmom09 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I use our shampoo and body wash (little man likes to smell like daddy...lol). Could be either one of those things...Doesn't mean that just b/c its not a "kids" shampoo thats why its causing problems. Just may be that particular brand.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• johnson and johnson for Curly hair
    Mrs_Dewberry

Answer by Mrs_Dewberry at 8:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• my daughter (4)uses what i use..pantene pro v "always smooth"..she has hair down to her bum, and its the only one ive found that actually makes her hair smooth and soft..(so many tangles, cuz shes a very active kid) but..we were in a store the other day and she saw some hannah montana shampoo and conditioner that she wanted to buy..so..i did..its made my herbal essences..and so far its ok..she loves it..lol..but, i still prefer the pantene on her hair..so much easier to brush afterwards!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:32 AM on Mar. 11, 2009