taking my daughter to the hospital to say goodbye

My grandma is in the hospital and well, it's really not looking too good. I want to take my daughter (16 months) to go see her but I'm too sick to take her and they won't allow me in the room. I want my grandmother to see her great granddaughter cause I know it would make her the happiest person alive. What should I do? I mean I can't take her, so should I allow my family take her even though I'm not close to them...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes def..if you don't you might regret it!
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yes, allow the closest family member of yours to take her but wait in the car.. Sorry to hear about that :(
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yes! Could you at least go to the hospital and wait in the waiting room while someone takes your daughter in?
    actress

Answer by actress at 7:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Why would seeing your daughter make your grandmother the happiest person alive? There's probably nothing anyone could do to make her happy at this point. Seeing your daughter might make her even more depressed. The best thing you could do is to visit your grandmother alone and just sit with her and be with her til the end.
    Anonymous

• No, I wouldn't bring your daughter, just got there yourself and stay with her.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 7:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I can't go, I'm too sick, with stomach flu, chest cold. They would seriously throw me out even if I attempted because she's in a clinic for cardiac arrest and pulmonary diseases. I'm just thinking about sending her up with my best friend because she's like his grandma too.

My daughter would make her the happiest person because she was the reason my grandma stayed alive a little bit longer to see. And I know next to seeing me my daughter is the next best thing
    Anonymous

• Yes, send her with someone else. My sister had my great niece (was 2 1/2) at the hospital and hospice with our mom. Go ahead and send her with someone you feel comfortable sending her with.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't go, I don't think its an appropriate environment for a young toddler who may want to get down and walk around/play/touch things, etc.

I would however, make a nice little scrapbook or simple photo album with lots of recent pictures of your daughter--make sure they're close-ups so your grandmother can really see her.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:05 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Go ahead and send her to see her. My dad was in the hospital for awhile and my kids went to see him, he was on the cancer ward, he did go home but it lifted his spirits to see her. My kids were at my dads house with me everyday while he was on hospice, he loved to have them around even when he was to sick to really show it. I think it is a good idea to let your grandmother spend alittle time with your baby. I am sorry you are to sick to go a visit yourself. I hope thinks get better for you.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 11:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I dont think I would send her in..16 months old is pretty young to be going in to say goodbye to great grandma. I would take the advice of making a scrapbook with lots of pictures of your daughter for her to look at. I know its a tough time when someone you love is very sick and may not make it, but think of whats best for your daughter also. And if you did decide to bring her then it should be with you and not someone else..especially not someone that your not close to. Your daughter is young and Im sure wont understand whats going on..seeing her great grammy in that condition may confuse her..she may need you there. Good luck with everything and Im sorry about your gram.
    madisonsmom7197

Answer by madisonsmom7197 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009