what is the beginning of adoption???

I am 20 years old. I am in the Army, and I am not married. But I want a child. I cant get pregnant, because I practice abstinence. I don' t know where to begin..

armyangel02

Asked by armyangel02 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Adoption

• Well, there is a teen on here considering giving her baby up for adoption, maybe you two should chat :) (not being a smart-ass, lol, actually being semi-serious)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Um not to sound rude- but I would wait until you are married or have a serious relationship because that is not what would be *BEST* for the child. What happens to the baby if you get deployed. This just not even sound like the right time in your life to have a child. However- If you practice abstinence you could always go to a sperm bank. But I really think you should reconsider this.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• The beginning of adoption is the grief of a child who for reasons completely out of their control cannot grow up with the mother that gave birth to him/her.

Adoption can be a beautiful way for a child who cannot remain with their mother to have a forever family, but it is an undertaking to be done with open eyes and a thorough understanding of the uniqueness of how adoption affects all triad members.

Your going to need to dig deeper than your age, your occupation, marital status and current feelings on sexuality/birth control.
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• How about finding a man, starting a relationship, getting married, buying a house, and all that good stuff then having a baby. This works for many people. You should try it.
    Anonymous

• to krazyash123, they wouldn't deploy me as a single mother. I know it would be good to be married to have a child, but my mother was a single mother, and she did an amazing job. I don't want to seem like I am saying I want this and I want it now. Like i said... im trying to get my foot in the door.

to the anonymous answer. seriously... I don't need sarcasm. but i see why you left yourself anonymous.... you don't want people to see how rude you are.

I really don't understand everything about adoption. I am getting advice from every which way. I just want to know more and more from someone who a)has already adopted, or b) knows something about it or c)someone who has encouragement.
    armyangel02

Answer by armyangel02 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• oh yea.. and to the first response Carolyn. I actually just messaged her. Thanks for pointing that out tho.
    armyangel02

Answer by armyangel02 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I think it is going to be hard for you to be approved to adopt.
    Your first step would be finding an agency in your state that would work with you. You would need to get a homestudy. Many of them of age requirements that you are not going to meet.
    Since you are military, are you scheduled to move in the next few years. This effects your ability to sign up with local children services as you are only approved by them if you do foster to adopt.
    Go to Adoptive Families magazines, they have an adoption guide.
    luckyshamrock

Answer by luckyshamrock at 8:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I am actually hoping not to have to go through an agency. I am going to try to find a birthmother. I just moved here, so I am actually going to be here for a while. I am patient. I know that God will put a child in my arms if I am supposed to care for one. So I am just getting answers for now... ya know??
    armyangel02

Answer by armyangel02 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• God will not put a child in your arms, sex and or money will.
    Anonymous

• I feel sorry for you. seriously
    armyangel02

Answer by armyangel02 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2009