RSV

What is it and how would I know if my baby were getting it?

kstap_4

Asked by kstap_4 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its a cold to us but to a baby it can kill them it will start out like a cold but it will get a little worse you have to keep an eye on your baby if you think something is wrong take him or her to the doc or er to make sure
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• http://www.rsvinfo.com/

Go there honey. It helped me out a lot.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My baby had it a year ago, and the Dr's said it is comon to get ear infections and pneumonia with it. It makes the mucos really thick and so it pools in their lungs and ears. They get really congested, and the younger the kid is the more likely they will end up in the hospital with it. My daughter was having trouble keeping her oxygen level up because of the mucos and that's why she had to be hospitalized. The cough is really bad with it, and can last up to 2-3 weeks longer. If she is having trouble breathing and coughing have them check for it. I had dd in the ER 2 days before she was hospitalized with it, and they told me she had an ear infection. If I had pushed them more to test her she may not have had to go in the hospital. If you think there is a chance of it ask for the test. Alot of Dr especially er dr's will find the first thing and not keep looking for something else if the see something minor first
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009