Help my 10 year old just got diagnosed with mono. Any advice?

She's had screaming high fevers, which have now stopped, thank God! Now she's just fighting a cold and the fatigue. I'm concerned that now eveyone in the house will get it, even me!!! Her and I were like two peas on a pod while she was so sick (before I knew about the mono) and sharing lip balm, cups, etc., now what?? I have a 7 year old who will now probably get it because she and the 10 year old are very close. Any advice?

JustMom23

Asked by JustMom23 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Health

• What has been done is done But definately take the step to protect yourselves, she will get better on her own your main concern now is just prevention. Good Luck
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 7:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• The mono outbreak has been crazy this year. I know of 6 high school students, 5 preschoolers and 3 middle schoolers that all have it. You are in for a couple weeks of sickness. LYSOL EVERYTHING!!!
    maddysmomma

Answer by maddysmomma at 8:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I had mono when I was 8. I had 4 sisters, and not a single one of them caught it. Just don't let them food or drink out of the same cup or anything like that. The fatigue is the worst! I tried to go to school, but my mom ended up taking me out of school and I stayed home for a straight month. I slept all the time and I finally got over it. Good luck. I'm sorry your kiddo is sick!!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• ride it out, it sucks feels like a 6 week death sentence, but its not deadly and there really are no complications and most people can only get it once (I got it twice go figure) but on a more comforting note during my second round when I was 19 I had a boyfriend I was very close with but he never got it and had never had it so you might all luck out!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2009