Amway/Quixstar??

I would like more information about Amway/Quixtar. Someone I know is about to start getting into it as a side job to just earn extra money and he has been talking about it to me. I have also been looking for something I can do to earn alittle money. So what do I need to know about this? ANYTHING will help me because I know nothing about this company and what you do. How much is it to start up? Is it worth it? Do you have to go out and sell things door to door or something? Like I said...any info would help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• My parents used to sell this in the 90's. They are really good products,but I dont think people that dont know about the quality of the products or that are suffering in the economy will want to buy them because they are a little bit expensive. But I am sure if you keep at it you will do well at it...Good Luck!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• well let me ask you this? How do you feel about buying your toothpaste laundry detergent and dishwasher soap on line? Thats more or less what it is. I relaly dont think a person with values and morals can make good money through quixtar, however their make up and skin care line is FANTASTIC just to buy. Its a minimum $200 start up and the people I know who have got involved pretty much were absorbed by it and started to view friends and family members as dollar signs. I watched it more or less destroy every relationship they had although it may have just been because of the type of people they were to begin with. Hard to say. If you want to make extra money read my most recent blog and contact me with any questions you mgiht have. You wont get rich but it will help pay the bills
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If you are looking to make extra income from home, visit my profile and you can see what I do!  You can view my work from home journey HERE. Feel free to ask me any questions :o)

KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 8:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Ha Ha, my parents sold it in the 80's - big loss for everyone. It was one of those things where one person in the church sold it and got everyone under him. It's no different than Tupperware or Avon or any other MLM - it just has a higher start up cost than most. Yes, the products are good, but no different than what you can purchase in the stores, Amway products just cost more. If you are going to join an MLM you may as well join the "Home Team" it will cost you less to start, but it will cost you about the same every month.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• The product is great- particularly the cleaning product, but the business is a tough sell and it selling the business that makes you the real money.

The basic idea is that you can purchase your basic home needs from cleaning supplies to toothbrushes to vitamins to make up to snacks in ones stop online and at a "business" discount and because it is supposed to be less expensive, good quality and easy you can get others to do the same and they can get their friends to do the same and so on.

Selling the product itself can be challenging because of the cost, but is possible but it is not where the big money is. There is an annual fee and also a monthly minimum, but I cannot remember for sure.
    lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 3:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• cont...
    Honestly if you are looking for a home business to make some extra income I recommend you consider what excites you be it cooking, cleaning, health, etc and search in that direction. That is what I did, found a company that sells product I like and use, that I believe in and was free to start.

Good luck in your search!
    lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 3:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I haven't heard too many good things about it. So I am not sure what to say. If it woudl be me I wouldn't join. Try to look them up on Better Business Bureau as well and see what can you find about them.
    But I work from home for a company registered with better business bureau and it works great. Let me know if you need more info. It is free. http://www.EnjoyingMyTime.com
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 4:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have tried Quixstar in the past. with no luck. I am now involved with a home based business that has a phenominal compensation plan. The money is there. This is not a get rich quick thing, it does take some effort. My friend made $2000 in his first month. Tremendous support available! Take a look at www.tgw247.com. My email is jmcansler@gmail.com
    Would love for you or others to join our tean and make this happen!
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 4:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I am a stay at home Mom. I have 4 beautiful children that my husband and I raise. I stumbled onto a way to make money right from home. It's the easiest and most effective way I've ever tried. I looked for ways to make money from home before. You know what I found? SCAMS and lots of them!! When this wellness company I found asked if I wanted to start a business for under $30, I said "Where do I sign?" I've taken all the harmful toxic chemicals out of my home and my family has never been healthier. My sons have autism and what a difference these products have made. Whether you are interested in "green" products or you would like to build a business, check out my website www.familiesrok.synthasite.com.
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 5:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think the most important questions to ask at this point are:

- Do you have a personal interest or need for the products?
    - Can you afford to lose what you invest as a start-up cost?
    - Are you comfortable with doing home parties or building a business online? If not, are you willing to learn how?

If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009