breakfast on the go

My 2 1/2 year old doesn't like to eat breakfast when he first gets up in the morning and we need to leave the house M-F by 7:20 so I can drop him off at daycare. He Loves scrambled eggs but i need something i can give him in the car on the way to daycare because his daycare doesn't sit them down for snack until 10:30am any suggestions?

paytonpants54

Asked by paytonpants54 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• how about cereal bars or i make a ziplock bag of cereal and take it with us
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Maybe a breakfast burrito so he can hold it in his hand? Idk...just an idea

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 8:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I am trying to think what he can eat in the car that wouldn't mess up the car. A scrambled egg sandwich is what comes to mind, but a 2 1/2 year old would surely have it all over. Even scrambled eggs in a pita. Maybe scrambled eggs in a tortilla wrap? French toast sticks... even that would be messy. I can't think of anything with eggs that isn't messy. So maybe those cheese sticks that you can get in the grocery store- they wouldn't be messy and they would give him protein and a milk product. One of those and a piece of toast, maybe. Or if the toast is too messy, then some grapes or apple slices.

Answer by Bmat at 8:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• make a big batch of waffles, add some fruit like blueberries, then freeze them. in the morning, pop one out and either microwave it or pop it in the toaster. he can hold it while in the car and it's not that messy.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Nutria grain bar or drinkable yogurt/milkshake.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• chopped up pieces of fruit, cheese cubes, trail mix, smoothies.. You can also do wraps, mini pitas or english mufiins with an egg or sausage in there (like McD's), home made fruit muffins (banana, carrot, apple).
    toola

Answer by toola at 8:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• They have hot pockets with meat and eggs in them.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well I still make breakfast for my son although they do serve breakfast at his school... However something quick my children love, is take a flour tortilla and some cheese zap in microwave for just about 15 seconds and wrap up and hand in a paper towel on the way out the door.

also you can put butter on the tortilla and then add a little sugar and cinnamon and do the same they love it
    dsh071263

Answer by dsh071263 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• crepes...you can freeze them and fill them with whatever you want like a roll up. super good with just powdered sugar and jam.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2009