Am I the only Mom who finds herself saying WEIRD things?!

I just said "Get off that table right now." That sounds so weird... and am I the only one with a 3 year old who climbs on EVERYTHING?! Sheesh...

Earlier today I heard myself say "Don't eat the potting soil" and "Don't chew on used tissues" to my 10 month old.

RyleeMendez

Asked by RyleeMendez at 8:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• oh no i say things like that ALL the time. dont do flips on the couch, stop trying to climb things...the list can go on. lol you are not alone
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I can relate. I will be on the phone with my DH during the day and we will be having a nice "normal" conversation and I will say "need me to wipe your butt" and then I realize how very un normal we are. (my 2YO is potty training)
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 8:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• "tampons are NOT chew toys!"... "please get your toe out of your sisters ear"..."hands out of your butt!"..."boogers are not a food group"..."yes the whole cow has doo doo in it"...."thats NOT chocolate!"..."don't play with the rubbish bins!"..."don't put that in your nose"..... "don't make playdoh poop" i could go on for hours... and those are some of the more NORMAL things that are fresh im my mind from this eveing.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• " yes.. I like little poopies, as long as their in the toilet..... no you can't where your spiderman costume under your church clothes.... yes the transformers ate broccoli.....
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 8:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• "we don't use brooms as weapons, let me see where your butt hurts, don't bite that candle, " And my personal, recent favorite, "No, I don't think it hurts cats to poop because their but stretches." I actually had to say that, I promise! Not really with a straight face, but I did ok.
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 9:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Sounds like daily conversation inmy house. My fave is "don't eat Cheerios that fell out your brothers diaper" (I don't know how they manage to get so many cheerios inside their diaper while trying to eat them).
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• today I told my son to get away from the stove I said, "that is hot! do you want to burn your face off?" My hubby thought it was funny, but I was being serious.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009