Do you deworm your kids?>Asking one more time,for those who wasn't here

I remember our grandmoms and moms even me, use to get dewormed every year whether we had worms or not.. what has changed?
I just read 13 billion people have worms without even knowing it...I mean if you take a puplic transportation,eat shushi, or ever ate without washing yoir hands chances are you have worms..... Which can couse a bunch of health issues, it can even couse a child to be distractive at school, crazy right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ask your doctor. The main worms I hear of are pin worms. If the child is scratching at his bottom, especially at night, then there is a good chance he has them, and you can see them, they look like little pieces of thread. They get pin worms by putting their fingers in their mouths when the fingers have picked up the eggs from wherever they are touching. For pin worms your doctor would prescribe meds in the proper doses for the child's size. Ask your doctor about your concerns about other kinds of worms.

Answer by Bmat at 8:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• 13 billion? The world's population is estimated at 6.7 billion..... What were you reading?
    Anonymous

• confusedThat's twice the population of this planet.  Where did you get that figure?

As to the question, I cannot imagine treating my child with medicine that is very harsh and upsetting to their system when they don't even have the problem.  I just read a journal describing the treatment.  There's no way I'd put my child through that if they didn't need it.  I've never heard of doing that on a yearly basis.  I think it's pretty easy to tell if your child has worms, as described by Bmat.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 8:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Nobody likes me everybody hates me I'm gonna go eat worms
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 8:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Pin worms are very catchy and if you have a child that has them they will treat your entire family. They give everyone a pill and then a week later you all have to take another one. My SD had them and when her bio mom called to tell us our ped treated our entire household just in case.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I KEPT pin worms as a child...not sure why??? Even as a adult I have contracted them here and there.....Suprisingly no one in my family ever had them or no one I have been in contact as a adult has had them *shrugs* its embarassing...
    Anonymous

• to the anon: its not 13 it's 1.3 sorry just missed a .
    Anonymous