What about just Independents?

Since we all are so unhappy with the Democrats and Republicans in Washington DC, why don't we just elect ALL Independents for a 4 year turn at the job. How would that be for everybody????

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm game! I voted Libertarian in the past election, anyways!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would vote Libertarian as well!!!
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 8:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• We don't always have a third option, especially for senators and such. . .but I'm all for new blood.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would love to vote for another party. I am so tired of republicans and democrates. They are all liars and snakes.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 8:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I've come up with an option but none of the politicians would go for it. I've always been of the opinion that we should shoot all of them and start fresh but the new polititions need to understand that if they fuck up, WE THE PEOPLE have the right to blow them out of the water. That I think would solve everything that is wrong with this world.
    Anonymous

• Hey, I'm all for it. I voted Libertarian last election and will continue to do so. If more people want to vote third party we can finally send the message that America is fed up with the two party system!

Could you imagine a bunch of Libertarians running the country? Things would definitely change, and for the better.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• anon9:33.......That is rather harsh, don't ya think????? The proper way is to vote the ones out that do not work for the people and are following their own agendas. If you want new blood then the answer would be an Independent president, senate congress and no lobbyists.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• The problem is "absolute power corrupts absolutely" and though they are voted in by us once they get there the power is like crack. I don't know if it would help. Obama was supposed to be less partisan, and spoke a really good game, but he is just as bad about talking out of the side of his face! I don't know what the solution is except LESS govt involvement all around!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't see why we can't just get rid of the house and senate and vote on issues like we would for a president. Sure save a lot of money and cut down on a lot of the BS.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• On a serious note.. we still have the right to over through a corrupt government and they are really pushing it.... they better stop the BS and start taking action before we do get up the nerve to march to Washington and fire all their a$$es.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009