i'm doin it on my own and need advice!

i am going to try and sell my business on my own...before payin the 15,000.00 for a broker. i could use any tips any mom who has gone through the proces can offer me...
what questions should i ask in interveiwing a business lawyer?
what about escrow companies? can i set up an escrow acct through my bank?
my current acct is not a cpa...do i really need to find one?
do i need a non disclosure form when checking out buyers credit?
how about what kind of taxes should i excpect?
how long did it take you to sell/and what kind of business was it?
i was told i need to hire an employee...currently i am a one-woman show ( i own a dog grooming and pet supplies shop) and was told that no one wants to do it alone and it would look better of i had a part-timer..but i don't know if i can afford it, what do you think?
anything else you got stuck with or are glad you did..even if it's hiring a broker please let me know! thank you!!!

yomamaporter

Asked by yomamaporter at 8:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• You need a broker / realitor!
    I haven't sold my business, but I know 3 friends who have sold theirs. BELIEVE ME the $15,000.00 is a drop in the bucket compared to what you will lose because you don't know what you are doing. The buyers will have brokers and those brokers will know exactly how to nickel and dime you to death. If you don't want to pay a broker then take the course to become a broker. Lawyers know the law, not the tricks. The course only takes a few months and doesn't cost much.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009