I feel so bad.

I decided to try and let me ds cry it out. He has been crying for and hour! I have checked on him, gone in his room, tryed to give him his binky, tryed the bottle, his diaper is fine. He just wont stop crying and go to sleep. I just need some moral support and no bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pick him up, and lay on the couch with him. Lay his head on your chest, I bet he goes right to sleep.

You should only let him cry it out for 1/2 hour (including going in to check on him every 10 minutes).

So yeah, go grab him and get ready for some snuggle time. It sounds like you both need some.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• awww it will be ok momma. it will get better. when my son was a baby and would cry it out, the first few times i would sit and cry with him. lol.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• It's the worst feeling in the world, to hear your baby crying and not do anything about it. Remember, he's really is just throwing a tantrum because you aren't giving in.
    Anonymous

• How old is he?
    Anonymous

• OP

He 6 1/2 months
    Anonymous

• pick him up now! He needs his mothers touch!!! Crying it out can have detrimental effects on a developing baby's brain.

It's the worst feeling in the world, to hear your baby crying and not do anything about it. Remember, he's really is just throwing a tantrum because you aren't giving in.

^^^ this is absolute bull crap, 6 month old babys don't throw tantrums!!

prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• He's too young to cry it out!! Love him and make him feel secure...He doesn't know the difference yet...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• it is hard. he will be fine- promise. with one of mine we would even let him cry and fuss for 30-40 minutes without going in the bedroom (here comes the bashing). because going in the bedroom was NOT soothing to him, he just got more upset. and he wouldn't let you rock him either. guess what? he's 5 now, and loving and wonderful and not needy or insecure or any of those other things. the first couple times are the hardest (mostly on you). breathe, give yourself a pep talk. it IS okay, it does get easier.
    Anonymous

• You should tend to him right now. Crying is the only way he can talk to you right now and tell you what he needs. If you ignore him he will loose trust in you to be there for him.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You feel bad because you know its wrong. I'm not bashing you but please....go get your baby. He needs you for comfort. You've got 17and 1/2 years to go to get him completely independent. I assure you...he is going to be a lot more independent in the long run if you tend to his physical AND emotional needs.
    Anonymous