Can a baby still "drop" if...

i had a cervical ultrasound done and it showed that my babys head is basically hanging out on my cervix...can my baby still "drop" when she's already THAT low?

i dont think she can get any lower..lol..im 34 weeks

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 9:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the baby drops till its out.Lol did your doc tell you what station she was at?
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• no? i was in preterm labor thats all i know..i mean sometimes i feel something..idk what it is..but its a weird feeling as if something is going to fall out of my vagina!

so i dont know if thats the baby dropping? i feel it often too...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I get the same thing sometimes...have they started to check to see if you've dilated?
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i was about 2cm dialated then i closed back up...then the other day my OBGYN said i was just open by a dimple...

the doctors are hoping that i can keep her in for at least until im 36 weeks...so another 2 weeks and i can deliever at my own hospital rather than being transported to a bigger hospital that deals with Premies
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• my best advice would be to go on bed rest... let everyone take care of you so that you can take care of the baby by keeping here up there! =) Good luck...I hope everything works out good for you!
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i am on bedrest =]
    the doctors also told me no sex...no nipple stimulation, no lifting things and drink tons of water too

and told me i cant go back to work..i was going to be put back on the schedule to work..but apparently i cant now

but thankyouuu
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2009