What age was your child when you stopped using a baby monitor?

I've just always wondered when to stop using one. When are they too old to be "listened in on"?

Ashlynn2686

Asked by Ashlynn2686 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I never found one that worked very well so I stopped before they where 1 year
    tabby1catt

Answer by tabby1catt at 1:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I never used one - with any of my 3 kids.
    Caiged

Answer by Caiged at 1:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Train them with the cup with spout as early as you think they are ready (varies amongst kids). Then they'll naturally leave the bottles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• just keep it it will come inhandy when they are teenagers and stop talkign to you
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 7:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I think the best time to stop using a monitor is when you are comofortable not being able to hear him/her constantly. IMO, when they are toddlers, it is a safety issue. What if they become sick or fall out of bed?? We can't hear them if we aren't right there or have a monitor. That's my two cents!
    jaydensmomma1

Answer by jaydensmomma1 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We have used one since she was born and still continue to use it at 17 months.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I still use mine... my son is 14 months.. and I plan to use it for quite a while.. Probably until he's in his own toddler bed
    shenae704

Answer by shenae704 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Because we have a two-story house and it's hard to hear what's going on upstairs when you are down, we will most likely continue to use it every nite. Our oldest will be 4 in a month and our youngest is 11 months. I don't worry too much about the oldest, but it's still good to be able to hear if she calls for me :O)
    MMsMom0505

Answer by MMsMom0505 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Maybe i'm just parinoid, but my son is 25 months and I still use mine and probably will for another year or so. Especially at night. I want to make sure he is safe. They don't need privacy at 2 years old. LOL
    JoyLyn

Answer by JoyLyn at 11:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2008