Do you think WIC/ Welfare are unfair to the people who are middleclass?

I think it is annoying and unfair to my family..we make to much to get welfare yet most people I know get it. I understand if you get laid off and are btwn job and collect it...that is different. I am so fed up b/c my friends get 200.00+ formula and grocery's etc for free! Why have kids if you can't feed them!! ESPECIALLY...when they have multiple kids and gather it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Why does everyone feel the need to judge. You can't possibly know everyone's situation.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• There are centain qualifications to be able to get WIC and Welfare, sorry you make to much money.
    Anonymous

• "if you can't feed them...Don't breed them!"
    Anonymous

• The state Im from the mother will get wic no matter what, for her well being. wether shes pregnant or not. She will also get wic for her kids up until the ages of 5, but you do have to qualify on that....I am on wic and I would be happy to just be able to make enough to pay for it all myself. even if it ment that I only had enough to pay for it. and not have mone to do other things like luxury shit. Sounds to me your a bit jealous.... and bit selfish as well.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• oh to anon 8:12 that was just stupid to say that. Peoples lifes change, things happen. They could have been able to do it all themselfs, but something happend to change that. I wish people would stop being so closed minded.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You know what I hate. When people complain about this and I tell them DH works but I am unable to because of health problems and we get state help. Then I get told we are and exception. Now thats annoying. So yeah the people who complain don't know everyones situation.
    CloserToTheEdit

Answer by CloserToTheEdit at 9:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• We made way to much to qualify for WIC, but when I went with a friend she suggested they check my daughter and she was slightly anemic, so she got WIC from when she was 3 till she was 5 and our income didn't matter. They may have changed the guidlines since then, this was a long time ago.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You know what im tired of? The wealthy complaining about their precious tax dollars. Well you know what, if you don't like being rich than quit your job and go work at Mcdonalds than you wont have to worry about paying taxes. The same way some of you say that poor people choose to be poor is the same way i can say that rich people choose to be rich. Knowing that you have to pay more taxes if you make a certain amount of money. Quit complaining and get over it.
    Anonymous

• why better yourself if you just need to give more of it back to support the people home on welfare!
    Anonymous

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... tell you what... I will trade you if you hate it that much- YOU take WIC because you do qualify, and I will be happy to be able to afford to not need WIC.... gee whiz....... be happy with what life gives you. Stop spending so much time worrying about what other people do or don't get and focus on your life and your life alone. This world wouldn't be so judgemental if everyone minded their own business and stopped worrying about everyone else.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009