is it ok to get tattoos while breastfeeding?

I want to get a tattoos but I am still breastfeeding

LiLMomma702

Asked by LiLMomma702 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you should talk to your dr and get their opinion. i dont think its a good idea to get one while breastfeeding. the only reason i say that is because you cant donate blood for a year after getting a tattoo...so it kinda makes me think no. lol but im not a dr and i dont know for sure. sorry i cant be more help
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Personally, I wouldn't do it in case of infection. Even if they use clean needles and such, you could still get just a general infection where the tattoos is. I don't think I'd risk it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would say no.... But That's just me.. Your skin is an organ and it absorbs anything you put on to it... And the ink they use is probably somewhat toxic.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Actually it's really not a big deal. You don't want to do it while you are pregnant, but while you are nursing it's fine. You want to make sure you take extra good care of it, keep it super clean & keep grimey little baby hands off of it. The one lady mentioned blood, but your breast milk actually comes more from your fat than anything. I got a tattoo while bf'ing My artist is a good freind & he wouldn't have done the piece if he thought we may endanger my dd.
    MamaApio

Answer by MamaApio at 10:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If you can fnd an artist willing to do it, yes. You can have one.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009