is it ok? TMI

ive been really constipated the past few days and nothing is helping, i eat alot of fiber and drink a ton of water and drink juice and eat fruit. but nothing is helping, i have glycerin suppositorries ive never used them but do you think it would be safe to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its dangerous to stay constipated. It can cause damage to your body which is deffinately not good for the baby. Id say if you stay that way for too long, go see a doctor and ask
    unsure90

Answer by unsure90 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Probably...but talk to your doc to be sure....also ask them about a stool softener.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I was like that when I was prego, I just talked to the doctor...dont be scared though it isnt DANGEROUS just not a great idea
    Anonymous

• I have been having the same problem...I called the doc and they told me to take Milk of Magnisia<---however you spell it....anyway it worked before the night was even over with no cramps or anything.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have a list of things u can take under 12weeks and over 12weeks from the doctor and for constipation it lists only: Metamucil, Citrucel, and Colace and can take under or over 12weeks pregnant.
    Anonymous

• CONTINUED: but for indigestion/heartburn u can take: Maalox, Mylanta, Tums(low sodium), (under12weeks these are a no:Tagamet,pepcid, Zantac (only if liquids don't work)
    Anonymous

• try the colace. It worked for me & I was like that for a few days too
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 9:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• ooo Stool Softeners work!! i was constipated for like almost 2 weeks...and after taking them for like 3 more days my poops slid right out of me =]
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i heard they are safe during pregnancy but would check with your doc just to be sure but i heard they work
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Have some Guacamole... =) Trust me or eat blueberries
    costa678

Answer by costa678 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2009