Tips for potty training....

My daughter will be 2 in june.I am trying to atleast get her to want to use the potty because I will be having a boy in july.I let her go in the bathroom with me so she can see thats where you go and what you do when you have to you know..she will sit on her potty for like 10 mins and nothing! But it never fails, once i put the diaper on,she goes in it.Is there some tricks I can do to get her to go in her potty? Or will she just go when she is ready?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep putting her on the potty regularly and you can try putting her right in big girl pants, change her in the bathroom when she has an accident.
    Honestly, she's not going to train until she's ready and can make the connection/understand when her body tells her she needs to go potty. You may be able to do it before the baby is born but you may not. You also need to be prepared that if she does train, she may regress when the baby is born.
    Give it a shot but if it doesn't work out, don't sweat it. You won't have two in diapers for long and if you buy generic it's not so hard on the budget.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 10:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I hear that boys are easier to train than girls (at least I"m hoping, mine is 17 months!), and that girls just won't learn until they're ready. Probably not the advice you're after, but twinclubmom is right :)
    Nicolica

Answer by Nicolica at 11:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Girls are easier 2 train than boys, the very first time I put my daughter on the toilet, I had her sit there until she went in the toilet, we sat there together for about an hour and she finally went I clapped and told her good job im so proud of you, and she got the concept pretty quick after that, now our only issue is pooping in the toilet she's still crys when she poops in the toilet cuz she thinks she did something wrong I just keep telling her she did a good thing and im proud
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 2:19 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My daughter does the same thing. It doesnt matter how long she sits there..nothing! But the minute I get that diaper on she goes! I figure when shes ready then shes ready. Im still going to try her every now and again, but Im not going to force her. Good luck!
    madisonsmom7197

Answer by madisonsmom7197 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 11, 2009