How do I keep my pictures from being copied?

Just wondering if there is a way to keep unscrupulous people from right-clicking and copying my pictures?

mom23luvs

Asked by mom23luvs at 9:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• They can't copy them on your profile. I think they can in groups and in journals. I'm not sure though.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Post with caution. If you don't want it taken, don't post it. People will always find ways around it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Thanks ladies.... I tried to copy and it did it but I don't know if anyone else can :-( Yeah, I guess the best bet is whatever I don't want copied I should just not post.
    mom23luvs

Answer by mom23luvs at 11:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You can create a watermark and then stamp it right across the image. If it is subtle, it won't cover the image where you can't see it but it is hard to remove them so someone might be less likely to steal an image.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• People can crop watermarks right off the photo though...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• a true watermark is unfixable! A watermark is imprinted into the photo database and can not even be photo shopped out. Good advice was to just not put precious photos up you do not want stolen. I am a photographer I know how it goes with people stealing your photos.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i dont think on cafemom but i know that some photosharing websites, like photobucket.com you can set it so that people cant copy... or you can do the long way and put your trademark on your photos before you upload them....
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I like the watermark idea but I have absolutely no clue how to go about doing that. I hate that I can't put up pictures without a 100% guarantee that they won't be stolen but at the same time I want to share pics of my life and family with friends and other cafe-mommers, so I guess for now the only thing I can do is not put up pictures of my kids by themselves since that is what concerns me the most.
    mom23luvs

Answer by mom23luvs at 12:17 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• the best thing to do, is to set your pictures to private or for friends only.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If someone is determined to copy your pictures there is nothing you can really do.

You can put a watermark on it and that will keep an honest person honest but a theif will simply brush it out.

Creating a water mark is easy. If you have an photo editing program you can do it on your computer if you don't then do a search for an online photo editing program. Your water mark can simply be something like © then your name

There are programs you can buy that will track your pictures but it's expensive.

We have a small store online and this is a real issue. Sorry I couldn't help more of give you better news.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 4:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009