How would you feel?

This one comes with a back story! I am changing the names cause I don't know if his wife uses CM! It's long so I'll finish in an answer! So here it is:

Back between 2001 and 2003 I had an on again off again relationship with this guy, we'll call him Andrew. In 2003 he started dating a girl, we'll call her Emily, and I started dating my now DH. Emily was very jealous of our relationship cause we stayed close friends. She hates me. Fast foward to this past Saturday! DH and I are at DH's best friend's house. He and his wife invite us to play paintball the next day. We gladly accepted and then he walks in and says "Andrew's coming too". I was like WTF!? I had completely forgot they worked together. So Sunday we get to the paintball field and I'm prepared to sit it out cause I wasn't comfortable playing with Andrew. He didn't show so I got all ready to play. Just before the game started guys who pops around the corner?! Andrew!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I assume you're the same genius anon who comment on the popular question.

I wouldn't worry about his wife, but I would consider how you feel about the two playing together. If you're not comfortable with your DH and you EX hanging out, pass up on the paint ball, if you can let it go, I would keep playing.

If she has a problem with you, she needs to deal with it, but you shouldn't be forced to give up times with friends because of her.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• OP here with the rest of the story!!

Since I was already dressed I decided I'd play anyway. Keep in mind DH was playing too! I then find out Andrew and Emily married and she had a cow when she found out he was going to play paintball and I was going too. She threw his open bag of paintballs in the trunk of his car (bad thing cause they burst in the gun if they are dirty). Anyway! We made plans to play every weekend but I don't know how to feel about Andrew playing too! My DH and my ex? I'm not sure I want them hanging out!
    Anonymous

• Yes, and your question is.... Oh, and this is high school right???
    Anonymous

• If I knew the night before that they were gonna be there I just would have canceled or something. I'm really not a huge fan of awkward situations these day's since I've had so many in my lifetime. Did your friends know the history when he was invited? If so what were their reasons?
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If you're not comfortable then don't go anymore. You can't make your hubby not play with him so if he wants to then so be it. If you want to stay home just to be respectful of "Emily" then I think that is quite admirable. I don't think you can tell hubby not to play with the guys though. And if he doesn't care then why should you?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• OP here to answer your question

Yea our friends did know but they hang out and didn't think he'd really show up cause Emily doesn't let him out of her sight. I knew DH wanted to play so I didn't want him to miss out. He doesn't get to see his BF often so I wanted them to have fun. I went thinking Andrew wouldn't show either!
    Anonymous

• BTW I wasn't talking about the anon OP, I was talking about the responder, just to clarify.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I think it was foolish of them to invite someone whether they think they'll show or not...If he's not wanted there, they shouldn't have invited him. Inviting people places just to be nice can blow up in our faces, one day it's get's hairy. If you wanna keep going, then go...it's not like you are there to see him, but if you don't wanna be around him just stay home. Hope that wasn't mean, I totally was not trying to be mean, just honestly outside looking in.....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009