IS IT REALLY SALVATION IF THERE IS NO CHANGE IN THE PERSON WHO CLAIMS SALVATION??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God is not slow or crazy. He really is not, He knows the heart of man, wicked. Change will come. There are christians who have besetting sins, such as drinking or smoking or porn addicted just to name a few. You don't know how many time they are actually praying for God to deliver them or help them. It is hard to change some habits and conditions one was raised in. But God is faithful. I can recall times God was changing me and I had no idea He was doing it. Cursing for me became a bad taste in my own mouth. So one day I asked God to remove it from me. Well my little mind thought it was my bright ideal to change but actually for months, maybe even a year, He was dealing with me on cursing like a sailor. There is no condemnation in salvation. To command one to change overnight is a wonderful idea but it is not always so easy.
    Ladycwells

Answer by Ladycwells at 4:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• that's between he/she and God..only God knows the heart.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• God only knows.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• The Bible says we should know by the fruit they bear, but only God sees their heart.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• That is one major issue I have with Christianity. The belief that G-d will forgive you if you ask him. What about everyone else. I don't think it is o.k. to treat people horribly and then go to confession or ask G-d to forgive you. Jews believe that you have to make amends with the people your wrong, not with G-d.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Now I'm not Christian...but was raised as one... and this is what I was taught about it.
    but if you just ask for forgiveness, and there is no meaning behind it, they are empty words, and will fall on deafs ears... you have to be truthful and mean what you say inorder for salvation to work.
    so if they don't mean what they say, or how they feel, then no it's not true salvation.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If there is no change there was no repentance. No repenance, no salvation. To be truly sorry one must turn away from his/her sins and begin anew. All we can do is see what we or someone else is doing and guide to the right path.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2009