Have you had an infant who fought sleep and if so what did you do to help her stop?

VinniesMa

Asked by VinniesMa at 10:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That will go on for a long time. lol. It's part of it. I always snuggle my son in my arms and get as close to him as I can. He doesn't fight near as much when I do that. It relaxes him.

PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Snuggling does work. It will pass. You just have to find what will work for the indiviaul relationship btw the two of you.
    Anonymous

• Yes. My daughter had to be swaddled until she was 4 months. She did not fight it if she was swaddled and had a pacifier.
    Rebeccalynn_dj

Answer by Rebeccalynn_dj at 10:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Olivia was horrible at fighting sleep at first. She had to fall asleep snuggling with me. The worst night was our first night home from the hospital... she didn't sleep more than 2 hours altogether that whole night.
    mommyof2EO

Answer by mommyof2EO at 11:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My DD fights it now that she is getting older....6 months...if we're laying in bed she has to be playing with my hair or touching my face...if its during the day, I will put her on her side and tuck her arm behind me so she feels secure to my body and then give her binki and pat her butt and sway back and forth til she falls asleep..usually pretty quick when I do that.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i bought dr harvery karps dvd and cd with special sound arrangements works like a charm
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Both of mine fought sleep and what worked for my daughter has not worked(so far) for my son.
    With my daughter I could sing to her while nursing her and that would do the trick or some nights daddy would rock her to sleep. But with my son, nothing seems to work. He just has to tire himself out before he'll go to sleep.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• car rides always worked for me as infants.
    tclw

Answer by tclw at 12:21 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My 11 month old fights sleep too. I've found some things that work, first of all at bedtime we always go into her nursery with only the nightlight on and I give her her last bottle while singing to her. Feeding helps but you can't put them to bed with a bottle unless you're feeding it to them even if they can hold it and are fine drinking by themselves b/c small parts of the drink left in their mouth can cause teeth problems, and of course for the obvious reasons. 2nd, if she's not asleep by the time she's done with the bottle I make a path through the upstairs walking back and forth rocking and singing. On the rare occasions when she's not asleep yet (only a couple times) I put her in the car and drive around for a little while, that never fails for me. I don't, but a lot of people I know have lullaby cds they play. You have to remember with cuddling: I never do it in my bed b/c the habits you make now will last!
    MamaMaggie3

Answer by MamaMaggie3 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2009