More Babies, Less Room

I want to have another baby ASAP! Even if I got pregnant right now, my daughter would still be 27 months old, and I wanted to have my children pretty close in age. The only thing that is holding us back from having more children is the fact that we only have a 2 bedroom house. I'm afraid that if we have another baby, we'll all feel too cramped - does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to make more "room" for a second baby? Or should I just wait until we can afford something bigger? HELP!

mommaruth07

Asked by mommaruth07 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would not wait, every one will always tell you to wait untill your financially stable as well and the reality of that might not be untill your well into your 30s. My husband and I raised a child off of only $11 an hr. full time job and we lived in a one bedroom apt. We actually turned the dining room into his bedroom but of course he slept in his pack in play next to the bed untill he was a little older. Now we have a three bedroom house and my dad has one room, us another and then my son has his own room but guess were he sleeps?.... In his crib in our bedroom right next to us lol! I had to take his crib out of his room because he wouldnt stay in there and now that its in there with us we can all get some sleep :) So basically having his own room isnt a big deal cause hes never in there, he might go play or read his books every once in a while but he has a huge play room out front.You make with what you have, good luck!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If you wait you might NEVER have that second child. But keep in mind that closeness in age does not guarantee closeness of siblings...indeed, it can guarantee contempt! **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 11:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Agreed. I have 19 siblings, some of them I wish I could "beat" and others I wouldnt harm for anything/anyone. So just cause you have them close in age dosent mean they will be close in "friendship" i guess is the word I'm lookin' for. You can double up on rooms. We had to triple up on rooms. Having two kids to a room isnt bad. I say go for it moma!
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• first of all, to mommy20081: do you really mean 19? HOLY COW! and people tell me that wanting 8 kids is pushing it :P

and to answer mommaruth07's question: i am pregnant with my second child and the house i am moving into is only a 2 bedroom. i am planning on keeping the newborn in my bedroom for the first few months, then moving him or her in with my daughter. i don't see how you couldn't do the same :)
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 2:00 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• btw my kids will be 20 months apart. hope this helps!
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 2:02 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You'll find a way to make it work. If you want another child and can afford it, go for it.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2009