Anyone with creative ideas??

I've been wanting to re-paint my son's room, (he's 7 months) and I am really wanting to use the primary colors -red, blue, green and yellow, somehow, but I am stuck! Im not very creative when it comes to painting. I was thinking of painting each wall a different color, but uhhh...I don't know, it just doesn't sound very exciting. Anyone have any suggestions? I know there's lots of creative mama's out there!!!

jdrae13

Asked by jdrae13 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I painted a room in my house for my nephew. The walls are all primary blue, then we used primary red to decorate with. The blanket and the chair are both red. We also put a cloud shaped light on the wall which looks really cool against the blue walls. I wouldn't do one wall each a color, but maybe do two walls red and two blue. The wall opposite each other the same color? I was thinking about doing that too.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• What about painting the room one color (whicever one you can tolerate most, lol)....and decorating with primary colors instead? You can buy primary color fans, storage baskets and buckets, desks and chairs, bedding, you name it! Then you can change his theme easier later if he wants.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• if you only wanted to stick to those colors, which it sounds like to me, you could do the whole room in blue and then paint the furniture and wall hangings the red, green and yellow and have cute curtains that have all 4 colors on it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• take the buckets of paint and splat them all over the wall.. looks cool and a sweet design!
    Anonymous

• ALL are very cute ideas!!! I thought of maybe doing the walls blue (what boy doesn't always love blue) then maybe accenting with some blocked border or something? His name in the red, green, and/or yellow? On another topic I had a friend who loved blue and used it in a sky type of theme. the top was more of the daytime sky and the bottom was night time sky with clouds and sun setting and rising. Don't know exactly how she did it but it came out really cool!!!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 10:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You do a few things..
    paint it a light yellow and paint in different circles of the other colors (you can use a lot of things to help tape off the circles)
    or you can paint strips of different sizes of each color going up and down.

you could do blue on the bottom yellow on top with a red strip and green for the trim.. (or any order you like).

or if you don't like the circles.. you can do numbers and letters in different colors.

good luck.. pm me if you need more explaination or tips on how to get any of these designs.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Paint the room white and them use the colors to paint different shapes on the walls if hes anythig like my dd he'll point to a shape and ask what's that (when he's older) so it'll be a good way for him to learn his shapes
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Hmm. I would either do the top 1/2 a color, and the bottom 1/2 a color, then go for a blue ceiling.. Or a 12" border about 1/2 way up in blue (or 1 of the colors not used on the walls).
    Menards has some awesome ideas from Crayola..
    maggerralla

Answer by maggerralla at 11:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2009