Good grief! Is this normal?

My SS was in the bathtub and I heard him laughing and laughing so I went in to see what he was doing and he was biting off his toenails. (I told him before to just ask me to cut them for him because I typically don't look at his feet to notice.) Is it normal for kids to bite off their toenails or is he just a weirdo in this aspect?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• its normal
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Meh, it adds character! At least he's having fun.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Sooo disgusting, but I think it's normal. I used to do this when I was little, but I have no idea why, maybe just to see if I could, IDK!!
    Anonymous

• Lol my daughter does it too! She also thinks its so funny. I always tell her its yucky but she doesn't care. They will grow out of it. Sooner or later they won't be that flexible. haha
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 11:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• It's okay, and besides there's only so long they'll be able to get their toes in their mouth!
    2boysmom703

Answer by 2boysmom703 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• They all do it at some point in time. Just be happy they were clean toes since he was in the tub. One of mine had a habbit (still has the habbit at 9 1/2) of plopping down in the middle of the floor or yard and just startin nibblin away at her toenails even if she's been runnin barefoot in the dirt all day. YUK!!! She's a strange kid tho, she chases her older sister with worms just to hear her scream...LOL (Can anyone say "tom-boy"?)
    6KidzMommie

Answer by 6KidzMommie at 2:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• haha my son has never done that:) thats funny
    Wow2boyz

Answer by Wow2boyz at 5:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Funny post, I'd say normal, just silly boy behavior normal.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Its normal my kids do it too. and if i cant find my clippers I bite mine too hahahah no lie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Wowzers, I'd be grossed out too, but he's not a weirdo lol - totally normal
    Candy423521

Answer by Candy423521 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2009