Super long period.

I have always had a normal cycle. I have been off the pill for almost 2 years in May. My son will be three in May. We haven't been activily trying for another baby, but if it happens it happens. Now. We had sex on the 10th which was the day I ovulated. Three days later I spotted for a day. Then when my period came it was normal. I usually bleed for 2-3 days then have that brown discharge for 3 days. Well after the brown discharge was over, I started to have cramps again and it started all over again. This never happened to me before. I am 24 yrs old. So far I have had my period for 14 days. It's not a normal one either. It fluxuates from brown discharge to looking like fresh blood. you know the orange red color. I only use one to two pads a day, but come on. 14 days? My question is, has this ever happened to anyone before? Can I be pregnant? I never bled with my son. Please help!

MomtoDavid

Asked by MomtoDavid at 11:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Health

• I highly don't think you are pregent.Have you talked to your Gynie about this?Have you been under any type of stress lately?Are you on any medications?Do you have any type of cronic illness?From a pain scale from 0 to 10 where is your pain level?Have you lost any weight recently,or have you gained?
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Go in and get checked out, bleeding can be a sign of uterine cancer.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I haven't been in to see the dr, since right after my son was born. I am a stay at home mom. So just the normal stress. lol. I was planning on calling my insurance company on friday if it didn't stop yet. I have to get a list of gyno's in the area since I don't have one anymore. The cramps were only for the first day or two. I get the occasional twinge just like a normal period. The only reason they were bothering me in the first place was because they started as I was laying down to sleep. I sleep on my stomach, so it makes cramps worse. I took a couple motrin and was all better. I had extremely swollen and sore breasts the week before my period was due. That never happens. It didn't even happen when I was pregnant with my son. So when my period started, I was confused.
    MomtoDavid

Answer by MomtoDavid at 12:32 AM on Mar. 11, 2009