I am sickened and want to know what you think?

I just watched the show "Toddlers and Tiaras" and I am sickened by these mothers! There is NO WAY that is for those kids! It's mothers living vicariously through their kids in my opinion! I have two gorgeous daughters and over my dead body would they be in one of those pageants. Would you put your daughter in one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• hell no. over my dead body wiil my child wear make up, hair dye, spray on tans, hoochie clothes and the like. my daughter will be taught that she is better than that. and the sense of entitlement these children have is outright disgusting.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• yes but it would be for fun, and as soon as she didnt want to anymore she would be done.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i have for fun only. i never took it to that point. also i let my kids tell me that they would like to try it. i never could push it on them
    mommytwo5

Answer by mommytwo5 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If she wanted to than yes.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I am sickened by the show, too. I have caught parts of it and there's a difference between what mom wants for their daughters and what the girls want. I know some of them choose to do pageants...that's fine! If they can make that choice, good for them...but the moms at put their BABIES in them?! I saw one mom who had her daughter in there at 4 months old!!!! 4 months! Sorry, but no f-ing way will I EVER put my kids in one! If they want to when they get older, I will support them, but it will be THEIR decision!

Anonymous

• Hell no. Went through the drama with my step daughter and she (like her mother) is a PITA. It did nothing for this girl or her self esteem. If anything it inflated her sense of entitlement and her high level of narcissism.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would. But I wouldn't put make up on her or anything like that. She would go her natural beautiful self.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would never do that. I used to get a bunch of mail for pagents and shows. I got tired of the mail and wanted to know how I got on this mailing list. I don't know how I was put on that list but I called and asked to be taking off their list.
    And ZaTa... all those girls eventually put on make up!
    Anonymous

• the show wouldn't be that bad if they would leave their kids naturaly. not make not fake hair teeth. stuff like that. they are not showing the beauty of the kids because the kids don't look like that everyday.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• This new attitude of "I'm a princess" being passed off as self esteem is ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2009