Sending my teen daughter to live with her dad for the school year since she is not doing well at this school... it is against her will so how do you handle it and b firm about it when u know she will prob hate u for it?

teen, dealing with their anger toward you

tabby1catt

Asked by tabby1catt at 1:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• are you kidding me? SHe will love you for it. When she gets home she will be like, thank god!!! It's for her best intrest. If she wants to come home then she must shape up right? Well this is the last straw. She didn't do it on her own so now she has forced you to do this to her. you are not doing it to her. She has to face reality. And now. SO sorry you have to do this. =(
    Jgirl

Answer by Jgirl at 1:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Give it a year and if she doesn't improve move her back. I did that with my son, and that worked well. He spent the last year with his dad and is now back with me. I'm now trying to find a different school to help him (he's ADHD).
    Caiged

Answer by Caiged at 1:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• not to be a butt, but my mom did this to my sister and she totally rebelled at my dads. she did drugs, stayed out all the time, ran away, went to jail and got pregnant. i would really think this through.
    amdeetuemama

Answer by amdeetuemama at 2:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Its a good thing .Just stick to your guns and let her know you love her
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 7:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Maybe you should listen to her about why? Is she afraid or is it about her friends? Maybe, because she is a teenager and should learn some responsibility, you can come up with a compromise. Give her a semester. Tell her, if you don't get all C's or above, then you're going to have to go live with your dad. It may be necessary to move her, but I've known a few people who have had this done to them and it didn't really make anything better. It just put them in a different location.
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 5:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Sending her to live with her father would be last choice for me
    fearful5

Answer by fearful5 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2008