Germinating a seed

My sister got me this awesome plant for Christmas, it`s a heart walnut tree, it actually grows in the shape of a heart :)
The thing is, the instructions said to soak the seed overnight, then snip the end and plant it, then to leave that in the fridge and it should germinate in about 4-6 weeks... Well, it's been months (since Christmas) and all it does is dry up every once in a while. Does anyone know anything about gardening? I clearly don't!

Nicolica

Asked by Nicolica at 11:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Did you put the seed into some soil before placing it in the refrigerator? If not, then try that to encourage it to root. Since you've had it for so long, I would consider planting the seed outdoors in a protected area in early Spring and just wait and see if it likes it better there, as you have nothing to lose at this point.

Good luck!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:05 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Maybe you didn't snip the end close enough. I would plant it in a small cup, water it lightly, cover the cup with a plastic bag, put outside in a sheltered area and just wait. If nothing happens at all I doubt it will ever do anything. Do you know the name of this plant. I'd love to know what it is. I'm a gardener myself.

Linda
    Anonymous

• Adding to the answer above. I did not want my answer to be Anon.

Linda
    Tx2Step

Answer by Tx2Step at 6:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2009