Please I know this might sound like I'm mean

ever since my sons birth 15months ago I can't take having pets the throwing up of hair balls, food, hair, the smell of litter bothers me soooo much I feel so bad I'm like this now, my skin crawls when they brush against me , I'm thinking of putting them up for adoption & I feel so bad but I get so angry everyday what woud you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pets

• That's a tough question. Pets deserve love and if you don't think you can ever give your pets love and attention again...adoption may be the best thing. Make sure you can't get over your squeamishness around your pets first though because an adoption is a huge adjustment for them and hey'll miss you :-(
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• give it time,I felt the same when my boys were little,it's a phase,it will pass.don't do anything now,you will regret it,Hormones are rising, time will heal.Pets are people too!Ignore for now you will be happy in the long run.
    tclw

Answer by tclw at 12:32 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Are you talking about cats? Cats are naturally annoying.. er.. I mean curious. LOL Seriously, they love to be the centre of attention and they love to see what is the centre of attention when it's not them. They will rub and purr and jump and climb and scratch just to get your attention .... even if it's bad attention. They just crave attention. Maybe you will settle with them after the baby gets a little bigger and gets to interact more with the cats and you don't feel tense about it. Could be ptss too ... post baby blues.... since it is a feeling / emotion you haven't had before about your pets. Something to talk to your physician about....
    Shamanmom

Answer by Shamanmom at 4:34 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I felt like this for a while after my children were born, and since they are only 2 years apart, it lasted a while. When you are chasing after a toddler and caring for a newborn and FINALLY get a second to yourself....there's a cat that wants to be in your lap. Annoying....anyways my "baby" is 3 now and I have mostly gotten over it. Give it a little time, make a little extra effort when you notice you are feeling that way. Petting your cat will actually relieve stress, and your cat will love it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My pets did this to me too, but we had them for so long I couldnt just give them away, but the feeling eventually went away
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The same thing happen to me. I gave my dog to a shelter and a couple days later I got him back. I had to pay to get him back.
    Than my relationship change with my pets. I realized that they can be great friends. I can tell them anything and they will not tell anybody and they gave you unconditional love.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2009