Have you ever tried to get your kid to go out for something you know the would be great at but they refuse and you know why and it makes you sad?

My son prides himself on how fast he runs, yet he wouldn't try out for track today, he says it's because there are not enough boys and I knew it was because he stutters and is starting to notice it even more. Sure enough he just told me he didn't want anyone to make fun of him if he had to talk. Has your kid ever just refused and u know they want to?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son refuses to play sports because he is a sore loser. It is so frustrating because the more he won't play the worse the issue gets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You should get him in Sunday school, kids are nicer and he will learn to have a healthy self esteem! Can he do it at YMCA tell coach also!! answer yes my son is very mature and not great at making friends too, in groups. Southern Baptist or Presbyterian are what we go too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• He does go to catechism and they are nicer but he is in public school so it really doesn't go hand in hand but thanks Anonymous. I just gave up but what he wants to do whole heartedly is take guitar lessons and I am waiting for the child support order (an extra $200) a month to go through to pay for it.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2009