Disgusted and Embarrased

Long story short....my brother-in-law and my younger sister stole chicken from a poor family while their were on an outing at the park. Like that family got up to go play with the ducks and my b-in-l took the bucket of chicken (which probably cost more than $20) and ran away. Plus my neice (5) and nephew (4) were with them and completely aware of the situation. No they did not need the food AT ALL. And then they proceeded the next day to call my other sister and myself and tell us the story, (as if it was funny). I'm thoroughly disgusted with them. I know what I'm going to do, but what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell them to return it or buy them another one OR ELSE I would report them. And I might also buy one for the family myself. Stealing food from a family is about as low as it gets.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• tell them to pay it forward or deal with karma

Answer by admckenzie at 12:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I told them both of those things, but the chances of them finding that family again......my sis' reaction was like, "what's done is done"....grrrrr OMG!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Oh well they will answer to God for it and don't worry about the family. They will get their blessing back.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I worry only because I love them so much. I want her to be a better person. I know they have stolen from corporate stores before, and while I don't condone that....OMG, how low can you get? And again, they didn't even REMOTELY need this food..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Its always hard when you have to deal with someone like this in your family. Being that you know that she has done this on a more grander scale, then you and your other sister need to try and incorporate daily news in helping her get her life straight. She has children that she can lose over stealing a simple bucket of chicken, will it be funny then? Ask her why does she find these things entertaining? Also ask her if she was to be that family or she just spent her last check on something and someone stole it from her and the children how would she feel, and would she be ok with it.?
    Mstxfynest

Answer by Mstxfynest at 1:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Sound like they need a good old fashion ass kickin
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 1:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• sounds seriously immature to me but just remember karma is a biotch so when someone steals food from them then you can just remind them
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2009