Homeless not allowed to run for office? Rx companies not allowed to advertise? Banning murder stories from the news??? Has anyone here actually read our Constitution, and it's ammendments???

While seemingly logical that a homeless man should not be allowed to run for office, does this not fly in the face of all men being created equal? Run as he may, if people actually vote him in they deserve what they get. But he should be allowed to run just as any other person.

First Ammendment, freedom of the press. Although copy cat murders are a danger, and violence in our country is a problem, covering it up is not a solution, it's a bandaid, a constituionaly violating one at that!

Rx drug companies have just as much a right to advertise as anyone, there is the whole freedom of speach thing, pesky isn't it??

I know I know you are trying to make things "better", but you can't make them better this way!

Okay my point is HOW many of you have READ and UNDERSTAND our constitution and WHY it is written they way it is??????

Praying

Asked by Praying at 12:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I love it...we need to go back to the constitution being the law we have enough rights taken away as it is. Our once free nation is now "free as the government sees fit"
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 12:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• ;D You're my hero.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I really don't want to have things "made better" for me, I want to make them better for myself. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:31 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• These are THOUGHTS hun... not like we're picketing for them to happen. No s*it they won't....have you read the constitution? Is there anything wrong with ME voicing MY THOUGHTS?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I took a constitutional law class in college. I still have the book. It has the constitution printed in it as well as many of the important cases throughout history. Now my eldest daughter, who is a freshman in high school, uses it as a reference both for her US Government class as well as for information for her own interests. It would be nice if they taught a simplified version of that class in all high schools.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Anon (the only anon thus far thank goodness)

Of couse not, again FREEDOM of speach. However, the answers to all of the questions I have referenced should be painfully obveous as they were laid out by our founding fathers'.

That the questions even cross someones mind make my eyes bleed. Do they make waterproof ducttape?
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 1:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• ROFLOL...our "nation" has ALWAYS been run as the government sees fit. Are you just now noticing?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Susie, sadly absolutely NOT now just noticing. Now just enraged as opposed to midly annoyed. Moreso that people are starting to think this is a GOOD thing and the government should do MORE, regulate more, take more, give more, own more. I've had enough.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Pharmecutical companies should NOT be advertising prescription drugs to the public. Bottom line. Its unnecessary. Sure, they should be free to advertise to doctors..in medical journals or what have you but when they begin bombarding the public with advertising, they are forcing many doctors to write scripts for things just to keep patients happy, when in fact the person probably does not really need the drug in the first place! It's unethical for them to advertise to the public.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Anon 2:29: You've discounted our constitutional rights in your assessment.

We can NOT compromise these: to pick and choose when they apply and when they wont gives the government the ultimate power.

In addition, if a doctor thinks a Rx is a bad idea, DON'T WRITE IT.

The point of my post isn't that one question, the point of my post is DO YOU NOT SEE HOW THESE OPINIONS VIOLATE THE CONSTITUTION.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2009