WIC/Government Assitance/Welfare ...the whole works.

Do any of you ladies ever get tired of hearing other ppl complain about how you're one these programs? Do you ever wonder how many of them have ever had to be on a government assitance program before?
I am not currently on any of these programs, but I was raised by a single mom with 4 kids who worked her ass off in shool and under the table who was on Welfare and Hud ...and she still couldnt afford to buy me shoes and clothes every year when school started. My mom was not a druggie or an alchoholic.
Do you sometimes wish you could bring an upper class friend to one of the mandatory WIC meetings, or to your Job Core (or whatever its called) meetings. Or have them fill out your semi annual review (which is something they do in our state. i dont know about others)?
It really surprises me how sometimes ppl who have more dont want to give to ppl who have less. In fact, the poor give more to the poor then the rich to the poor!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree.. I have never felt bad about using the programs that are available to me until I got onto CM. NEver before did I think of it as a bad thing until people started telling me I was spending their money on food for my child. The thing is, if they were in my position they wouldn't have so much sh** to talk!! I'm glad everyone else can afford whatever they want, but when the necessities are hard to come by then I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for some help!! And I dont want to hear the crap about 'if you can't afford them don't have kids'. First off not all children are planned, at least those parents are owning up to their responsibilities and doing the best they can, and secondly NOBODY can predict the future and when they will come across financial troubles. Get off your high horse and stop acting like your better just because you happen to be financially in a better place than I. Doesn't make you beter!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I agree 100% with the last line! People need to mind their own business or get a better grip on what that rattling off about.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• ReneeK3 it is MY business when a portion of my tax money is going to these programs!! I'm struggling just as much as the next person and paying for others who are struggling. A lot of the programs just don't make sense....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• they are just jealous. and anon12:34. i pay taxes too i should have the right to use wic or medicaid if i need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• First anon...I'm a taxpayer as well. I'm not on any assistance, but I believe it should be there if I need it! I pay for it just like you!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Anon 11:35 I am jealous of people who sit on their ass and get free medical, food and formula. You're exactly right. Welfare recipients are laughing all the way to the bank. I'm starting to think they are brilliant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• umm i work and pay taxes so i have a right to use it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• girl you're preaching to the choir!!! it's pure selfishness on other mom's part who would bash another parent for doing what needs to be done so that their child will have a better life. jobs are closing and firing people left and right. if you need it qualify for it by all means go for it. the taxpayer screamers: our only 6% tax dollars goes towards these programs so that our children will be healthy. so the 2 cents paying for it you aren't missing. i hate that statement sometimes!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• ReneeK3...really it doesn't bother you even a little bit when you see a woman with 5 children on the gov't dole? If something horrible happens then yes, by all means it's great this is available! However, some people just make the choice not to work or get ahead, because living on the gov't dole is easy. More kids more money!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Also, before everyone starts bashing me I did state that I am struggling just as much as the next person, but yet I'm paying for others who are struggling. It's just hard to accept!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2009