what do you think about those toddler pagent shows on tv?

i mean i cant believe parents let their kids do those. you know how many pedophiles probably get off watching that? its disgusting to me and i think its exploitation no matter how "cute" a parent might think it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Entertainment

• i hate them. i'm with you. i cant believe that parents let their kids do that. ...if a child is old enough to say, "hey, will you dress me up and display me bc i'm so cute?" then i MIGHT THINK ABOUT IT. ...but ...ugh. i think it's not right.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• They are just wrong, they put so much makeup on them that they don't even look like a child anymore. Beauty should be all natural not a ton of makeup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Don't knock it until you try it!! They look so cute:)
    Anonymous

• Anon 10:47 babies are cute without all that makeup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm not into the fancy ones but i would put dd and plan to put dd in an all natural pagent
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I don't like them. I don't like the idea of putting tons of makeup on little girls and dressing them like adults. I also don't like the attitude some of the parents seem to have. It's disturbing.

jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm addicted to the shows. I wouldn't ever put my kid in a glitz pageant, but I like the natural pageants. I think they're cute, especially since all of the natural pageant parents I've seen on the show are very interested in what the child is feeling. For example, the one mom put a crinoline on her 7 or 8 year old and she was really uncomfortable, so they took it off and she went without it. Women who encourage their children to do it because the girls like it, are fine in my opinion. Glitz pageants are way too much for me though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:24 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• they are totally disgusting! putting fake teeth and loads of makeup on kids of ANY age is sickening, let alone 2 & 3 year olds! now if they just dressed them up cute- no make up- and had them dance around or sing or something i would be totally fine with pagents. it's just the toddlers looking like adults that aggrivates me to no end.
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 1:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Hate Them
    One Mom Even Shaved her Daughter Legs And The makeUp?!!!!???!!
    Nope Dont Think So.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Ug. They are horrible!
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 9:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2009