Laundry Detergents for babies??

I heard that Ivory is good for babies soft skin but my aunt is allergic to it and I would prefer not to use it for her sake. Is there anything else good for babies soft skin that is the same quality ??

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 12:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Health

• Try seventh generation
    NewMommy113008

Answer by NewMommy113008 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I never used baby detergent. I use Tide Free
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• We use either Dreft or All free & clear. They both work well for us. If allergies are a concern, I'd go with the free & clear. No dyes or perfumes.
    jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I followed What To Expect's advice. Seperate detergent for your baby can get expensive and be unnecessary (especially when it's more expensive than your household detergent). I have sensitive skin. Tide Free works fine. The book also comments that there's no need to seperate their clothes from your own (saves detergent and water). That's what we do any way.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I just use All Free and Clear for everyone in my house. I did have to buy detergent with fabreeze after my hubby got back from his last deployment, that sub smell just doesn't come out with unscented detergent. Now I use the extra for towels and things like that.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:13 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• dreft is what I used when my kids were small
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 1:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I swear by Dreft, but then again it may have been that I loved my daughter's room smelling like a baby - even now, 7 yrs later, if I smell Dreft I get all nostalgic... sigh....

Anyway we use Tide Free now because she has eczema and it's great for everyone in the house.
    Candy423521

Answer by Candy423521 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Hello. I have always used Baby All. It is cheaper than Dreft. I still use it and my oldest is 4 1/2.
    jewel2211

Answer by jewel2211 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2009