Should I admit myself?

I've had 6 pretty hard contractions in the last 5 hours. They're coming about the same distance apart... I'm not sure if I should admit myself or not. They're not accompanied by chest pains or headache like my last bout with pre-term labor when they gave me the shot to make them stop...

Dr put me on a new med to help with some anxiety and I started it this afternoon. Could that be what's causing it? Or do you think he may be ready to leap out? He's sitting awfully low, and I have less than 6wks to go...

matobe

Asked by matobe at 1:19 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was always told 6 within AN HOUR so if you are having them within 5 hours i wouldnt go...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:21 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• they're hard enough i can't breathe, and they last long enough to make me gasp for air when they're over...

6 since I started counting...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think they are far enough apart that there isn't a need to worry or rush to L&D but if they become closer together and more intense then it would be a good idea to go in for observation.

Also you can go in for observation but YOU can admit yourself. That's up to your doctor and the hospital staff as to whether or not they want to keep you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Sounds like Braxton Hicks. I've had them so bad that people around me thought I was actually having a contraction! They come in clusters too, just like contractions.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• braxton hicks. If their every 10min, they will just send u home. They have to be every 5-6min or probably be better to wait till their every 1-2min apart, thats what they told me with both my kids and my friends babies too.
    Anonymous