Disability

Just cause a childs parent gets it does the child or children im askin cause i have a friend that says shes going to get $800 per child cause he hubby is going to get it is that true or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know, but how did she get it? i want my free piece of pie! Good god am i the only one left in this world who isn't gettin free $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• what are you asking? your sentences are kind of ran on and scrambled... sorry :(
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Just cause a childs parent gets disability does the child collect too? My friend has 4 kids and says shes going to get $800 per child true or not? If so why would the children get money their not disabled?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• oh okay... i have never heard of the children getting disability checks just bc the parents are disabled... that sounds untrue to me.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Well, yes, actually the children will get it if he has paid enough into SS. The amount is based on how much they have paid into while working, and how many children there are. For example, my SIL's hubby is disabled. He has two kids from a previous marriage who recieve SS instead of child support. My SIL could have filed and gotten money for hr kids, too, but she chose not to until his other kids turned 18, because it would have reduced the amount the first two kids got. There's a big gap in the ages between his firts wife's two kids and my SIL's kids, so she only had to wait a few years. Once the kids turn 18 they will no longer get it.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:32 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yes, a dependant child of a disabled parent will get ss disability, but once the child is over 18 and no longer a full time student they no longer qualify. I am not sure what rules apply if the disabled parent does not live with the children. Also I think $800 per child is a mistake. Social security has limits. my 3 kids each get 245 per month. This in addition to what my husband gets is the family max of 2110 per month. Before becoming disabled my dh was making over 100,000 per year. I can't see 3200 for just the kids, maybe for all the kids together
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 4:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2009