had my baby a week and 3 days ago via c-section and...TMI

there is a bad smell coming from
my va jayjay
i clean it everytime i go to the bathroom
with that bottle thing they gave me at the hospital
and the blood is very dark brown with long red stringy things
in it
has this happend to anyone else if so was it bad and should i go to the doc???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's normal!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 1:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You could have a bacterial infection.

A foul odor isn't a good sign. You should probably call your gyno and then she'll probably prescribe you some antibiotics. Go soon though, before it worsens.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 1:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• the blood is normal,but the smell. mine didnt smell are you sure the smell isnt coming from the blood sitting on the pad for a while?? settled blood doesnt smell the nicest.

if its not that then i would maybe tell your dr about the smell, also make sure the smell isnt actually coming from your incision, if it is then DEF call your doctor because that shouldnt smell bad...

also.. i stopped using the squirty bottle thing like 5 days after i had my baby thru c section.... i started wiping normally after i believe the fifth day. so you can stop using it if you like.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I had a c-section and everything that you described. So I'd have to say it's normal.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 1:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• you need to go see someone soon it could be something that they left in you...i dont want t scare you but it happens
    williamsonmommy

Answer by williamsonmommy at 2:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I used the bottle for WEEKS after the birth. And i had a vaginal birth with no tearing. It was nice being able to clean up so well after going "potty". Use it for however long you like, i think its actually more hygenic.

Foul odors are a bad sign. Go see the doctor! Please post here again so that we know everything is okay. And good luck!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 5:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If it smells bad I would fo sure see your doc. You could easily have an infection. I had a uterine infection after my C-section... and I did have a weird smell and the bleeding looked brown
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I had everything you had, except a foul odor. Call your Doc and be seen just in case of infection.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:02 AM on Mar. 11, 2009