I dont want to disappoint her so what do I do?

DH and I are trying to keep DD as involved with our TTC as much as possible. Well lately whenever she sees something she will says..."thats for baby sister" Never baby brother. So how do I keep her from getting sad if its a boy? If you ask her if she wants a brother she will literally YELL NO!! Sister...

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• have a girl

• Really? Is this question for real? WTH is going on tonight? I'm starting to think there is a Mike, lol.

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Do you have any friends or relatives that have baby boys? Take her around so she can see that they're just as cute and fun as baby girls.

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 2:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• maybe you could try explaining to her that you don't get to choose if you get a girl or a boy. and maybe try telling her all the neat things you can do with brothers (i.e. play catch, ride bikes- or trikes when they're younger, ect.). let her know that having a brother is really fun, too :)

Answer by momma_gig at 2:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I dont think she will care! Our dd wanted a baby sister until she went to the ultrasound with us and seen her baby brother. It was love at first sight! She will probably be so excited that she wont care!

Answer by princessTnBabyB at 2:12 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• When the baby is born then your child will have a grip on the baby's gender. Right now, it is fun to think it's a girl baby. My daughter just knew I was having a sister for her. She and her brother even had a bet. I felt a little like I'd done something against girl-kind in having a boy since she did lose that bet! LOL But she wasn't bent out of shape... and even had fun dressing him and helping with him just like any other baby.. boy or girl....

Kids do that stuff. And they all work it out and grow out of it. Fun for when you are a little person.

Answer by Shamanmom at 4:05 AM on Mar. 11, 2009