Why is my PPD not getting better?

My son just turned 11 months old and my PPD doesn't seem to be getting any better. I am on meds and speak to someone regularly about my feelings. Every little thing makes me feel like I am loosing my mind. I scream and yell all the time and am always on edge. I use to be such a laid back happy person. Just a few nights ago I got to the point where I couldn't handle anymore stress. When my dh got home I started arguing with him and started feeling like everything was spinning. I just walked out the door and drove off. I honestly did not know if I was going to go back. Don't get me wrong I love my dh and both of my children very much, but the stress gets so bad at time that I can't take anymore. Sometimes I feel like my dh and children would be better off if I just left and that's a big reason I left the other night. I don't like feeling this way, this is not ME. I don't even feeling like getting out of bed. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Health

• because
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm sorry I don't really have any words for you...

Are you eating right? Do you work-out or have any other hobbies?

Just hang in there. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I wish I could help you. I was there myself once. I had a great couselor I talked to and through one of those close your eyes and picture this feel this exercises I found ME. I've been better since then. I wish I could say that would work for you, but I don't know. It just got me totally inside myself and I found this "door" and behind it was my old self, the happy one. Take some breathers. Maybe every day when your hubby gets home you can be given some "timeout" whether that's in a bubble bath, out driving, or whatever. Just to let yourself be you with no worries of kids or husband. Good luck and keep trying. Your kids and hubby both need you!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 2:56 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Sounds to me like you're on the wrong medication. I've been on them ALL and a couple of them gave me the feeling you're describing. Go see your doctor, also please don't forget to mention if you're on hormonal birth control!!! That can send you into an episode as well. This is not the end, but the beginning, do NOT give up.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 7:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You may need more mg in your meds or another script if the ones you are on are not helping. I think you need to tell your psychiatrist or therapist about it if you haven't already. I went through PPD, it will get better if treated properly.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:12 AM on Mar. 11, 2009