Is it ok for an 18/19 yr old man/woman to have a sexual relationship with your 16/17 yr old child?

Why do you feel the way you feel?

alleykatt28

Asked by alleykatt28 at 2:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm just thinking that you said man/woman and then you said child. A child is a child. That sums it up for me.

No.

I would also think there could be some prison time along with that.

If in doubt, I'd leave that totally alone and re-access the situation. Perhaps take some time to visit elsewhere, take up a friendly hobby. Maybe learn to play croquet.
    Shamanmom

Answer by Shamanmom at 4:19 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Nope. I was 16 and had sex with 19 year olds, at 16 your not ready for what sex entails. End of story. I don't think how "mature" he or she thinks she is.

God, I can't wait to be a sex ed teacher.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My husband and I did. I was 16 and he was 18. If you are talking about if it is like statutory rape, or sex with a minor, robbing the cradle etc..Then no. I think if you are 16+ then it shouldn't be wrong by law.

I wouldn't want my 16 year old doing it period, but I wouldn't look at their age difference like it's disgusting, or that he is taking advantage of a "child."

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yes. Well, in my situation I thought it was fine. I met my hubby when I was 17 and he was almost 19 and we started having sex before we got married.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 3:02 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• There's no real difference between a 16 year old and a 17 year old.. and think of it this way, a 16 year old and an 18 year old used to be a 14 and a 16 year old, who could have just been dating.. two years later they decide to have sex, is that terrible? I don't think any 16 year old should have sex, but I don't think there's that much of a difference between a 16 year old and an 18 year old. You wouldn't think anything of a 22 and 24 year old..
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If things would've ended badly or just didn't work out I probably would have felt differently about the situation. But, since we ended up married and still are married I thought my situation was fine. You're right Tori there's not much a difference between a 16 and 17 year old.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 3:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• im 17 and my boyfriend is 23 and my mom has NO problem with it what so ever..my mom and boyfriend are best friends...there is nothing wrong with it at all..age is just another number
    JessFreeman

Answer by JessFreeman at 4:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2009