How do I start feeling better?

So I just moved across the country three months ago. My hubby is military and we moved from MI to SC in May and then from SC to Washington in Dec.
I am just not re-adjusting. SC seemed comfortable, I fell into a routine and made friends right away.
Here I'm not making friends, I'm trying but it's just not happening. I got a job, but it's subbing, so I am not feeling like I am settled there. We're house hunting, so I don't feel settled in our house. I've let the house go and don't cook half the time, which is driving hubby crazy. I want to get things done, but I just have no motivation..

Mostly I just feel overwhelmed, homesick, and I guess just not settled. I'm just not adjusting, and I don't know how to deal with it. I know no one, besides a few play group acquaintances, and my hubby of course. Hubby made a comment today that I'm always unhappy. I don't want him to think I'm not happy being with him, I adore him.

Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Be Happy! Sorry I know it's hard, I've never made friends very easy. Your motivation is your husband. You want him happy, you want to be happy, so get up and get things done. A clean house can make all the difference. Put a smile on your face because you have a man you adore and who adores you and wants you to be happy!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Go to a gym, join. Maybe you will make some friends there. Or join some other type of group that does things you like. Find a way to get out. Find something that you want to learn. Try something new. Talk to some military wives. Do they have support groups?
    If you want to send me a message please do. I live in the Washington D.C. area. Just a bit north.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:24 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm sorry. I'm military, too, but haven't had to move quite as far as you have. Do you have family that you can call and write to regularly? Is there a command support group like the FRG that you can get involved in? Can you find playgroups online or through a local community source?
    You can also do some research on the area in which you live in now to learn of it's history and of where the public buildings are. Going to the community center or the local YMCA is a great way to take some classes and meet people. The community center should also have a bulletin board of local groups looking for interested people for certain things, such as, knitters, quilters, etc. You can spend some time at the library to keep yourself from getting bored. Also, helping out in the community by doing volunteer work is a huge way to meet people, too! You just need to get yourself out there.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:24 AM on Mar. 11, 2009