Please Somebody Help!!! Is it a Period or a Miscarriage?

So me and my husband have been trying really hard to get pregnant for a couple of months. My periods are always regular and always have been. I was having all the signs of pregnancy such as swollen breast and tender nipples, nausea, bloating, ect.... I was almost certain I was pregnant. My period was due on the 10th. I took a pregnancy test on the 10th and it turned out negative. I was upset. I told my husband about the test and we both got upset together.. when i went back to the bedroom i started to have cramps so i went to the bathroom and there was my period...except not heavy at all. I then started to get cramps so bad that I felt as if I was going to throw up. I still feel the sharp pains in my abdomen. I went to take my tampon out early and it was light pink, not heavy at all, and had thick deep red clots on it, which has never happened before. It doens't feel at all like my normal mentral period. Anyone have a clue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• it very well could be a miscarriage. I went through this once, and I had the negative test than the horrible I want to die cramps, and then I had heavy bleeding. I went to the ER because we had just moved and had no dr. They did a test that said I was pregnant, but through ultrasound couldn't find anything. They thought it was maybe a tobal pregnancy, but nothing there either, so miscarriage. I would have yourself tested by your dr, ,just in case.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:21 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Many women miscarry very early and assume its just a period. So, it could be that. But, it could very well be that your mind is making everything that much more intense. You don't want your period, so you feel worse than you normally would when not ttc. You're also more obsessed with every little twinge and pain that you quickly dismiss when not ttc. It sounds like you simply got your period.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• period. u were never pregnant. the brain can play terrible tricks on you when you want so badly to be pregnant.
    CafeMomBinky

Answer by CafeMomBinky at 4:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I stopped my bc after many years & figured it would take a couple months. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 months went by & it really sucked. You think: what's wrong with me, with him, with us?

I thought I would go to the doctor & ask for a referral to a fertility specialist cause my husband & I are young, healthy adults & there must be something wrong.

I went to the doctor in June. He told me they don't refer women to fs until they've been trying for at least a year. He told me to come back in August & he would give me a referral. The fs would contact me a week or 2 after that to schedule an appt..

Well sweetie, my husband is in the military & was deploying to Iraq in September. When the doctor told me all of this I cried and cried. I told my husband and we decided to stop "trying" and start "trying" when he came back.

I was pregnant a couple weeks later!

Easier said than done but don't think about it...just relax sweetie...
    CafeMomBinky